Friday 28 January 2011

Sandstorm


Experienced sandstorms today in Dubai, strong gusty winds just descended on the city from nowhere bringing carnage and mayhem. As I was walking back to my apartment the visibility at 1pm was below 100m.

The gale force winds made walking a challenge and the fine sand particles were blowing everywhere. My face was sandblasted, it really feels worn out and rugged now. The youthful looks are weathering away with the extreme and rugged climate of the desert.

My laundry also got hit, with my clothes all strewn across the floor covered in dust and dirt as the clothes drying racks took a tumble. Fortunately the ultra strong pegs managed to keep my boxer shorts from flying off. Can you imagine that? The Basant kite flying festival in Dubai but with chaddis !

The ultra fine sand and dust even managed to work its way into my wallet, now that’s a first…

No comments:

Post a Comment