Wednesday 26 October 2011

Computer says no....a real life Carol Beer

Today came across a real life Carol Beer character (Computer says no from Little Britain), actually it was a guy so let's call him Rajiv.

conversation in mobile phone  shop today

me: "Hi.......I do not have roaming on my phone, I went to Oman & I had no signal"
Rajiv:"You need to pay a deposit of £350 to use the roaming service"
me:" Actually you have my credit card details, I have filled in a mandate so you can charge my card if I do not pay"
Rajiv: "We require a deposit"
me:"That's pathetic why do you get my credit card details if you still want a deposit. I want to make a formal complaint about this, who do I need to contact?"
Rajiv:"Contact the government"
me:"Bollocks"

In Dubai it's not a case of the "computer saying no" but rather the "government saying no".  The telecoms industry is a duopoly of Government backed organisations and skype is officially banned.






7 comments:

  1. hi,

    Friend,

    I wanna told you some thing, in case of roming in be there you can buy business card for call any one it is short duration card, it helps you to call any one in Oman. I were practically experince there that's why i told you, when i were enjoy my dubai holidays.

    Thanks
    Anglina Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a great information with its really informative and interesting looking forward to see more update like that . https://www.diigo.com/annotated/b1dd42c139222fd3193e9435d973aeb6

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the great work. Read about agile project management training from Maria Academy.

    ReplyDelete